Galleries and museums are increasingly showcasing digital works, ranging from immersive installations, large-scale projections, interactive pieces on a browser, and more. Following the theme Artist as Visionary as Innovator as Architect as Seer, create a digital work that focuses on scale or interactivity. The project will be realized in the context of the undergraduate art open exhibition in the Mason Gross Galleries. The final form of this project is limited to a 2D animation or a screen-based interactive piece on a browser.
Throughout this project, we will question:
- what are ways of displaying digital work in a gallery space?
- what are novel forms of interactivity?
- how does scale, audience, and duration affect digital works?
Create a digital animation that is intended for a large-scale wall projection or a browser-based interactive work that follows the theme Artist as Visionary as Innovator as Architect as Seer.
- Dimensions: 1080 × 1920 or 1920 × 1080
- File Format: .mp4; 24fps
- Duration: 1 minute
- This must be a live website, linked on your portfolio site.